Monday 16 April 2012

Derek

I'm a huge Ricky Gervais fan. I especially loved Extras, have been to see his stand up Science in London and Cemetery Junction is one of my favourite films. His podcasts (check them out on itunes) - even though I've listened to them so many times - make me laugh out loud EVERY time and are guaranteed to cheer me up no matter how bad the mood I'm in.

On 4th April, Channel 4 screened Derek. On Ricky's website, it is described as a "bittersweet one-off comedy", but on his blog he has just revealed that he is writing 6 more episodes. I can't wait for them to be broadcast!

Derek works in a retirement home. And he is an incredibly kind and caring person. And I recommend you watch it yourself* to find out more!

I'm not sure I would describe it as comedy. It was very touching, and even moved me to tears**.


* I think this will only work in the UK, I am afraid
** then again I do cry relatively easily...

No comments:

Post a Comment