Friday 22 February 2013

BNC and goody bag galore

The BNC Global Event Show took place at The Brewery on 20 and 21 February. The BNC is the Buyers Network Club and the show was targeted at Event Managers. Around 200 exhibitors were taking part and 1,100 delegates had registered for this free event.

Unfortunately, I was only able to spend about an hour at the show. I definitely find these events worthwhile. I always do my 'homework' and work out who I want to speak to. While you can of course make the tour to all of the stands, and bagging goodies on the way, there are usually too many venues/suppliers that just aren't relevant to your particular job.

From my limited time at the event, I would say that the organizers had done a great job - especially regarding the catering. Bacon butties, pastries and coffee in the morning, a hot lunch buffet and afternoon tea as well as an artisan food village meant that delegates did not go hungry!

One of the incentives to arrive early was the promise of a Harrods goody bag for the first 400 delegates each day. And in addition, when registering you could choose from a number of different gifts (cosmetics, hotel or theatre vouchers, iTunes voucher,...). I am considering adopting this idea for our events: goody bags for the first 50 delegates on the last day of our three day event - that might encourage some to get out of bed for the 9:30 start!

And here's the content of the goody bag - a chocolate bar is missing, which I generously shared with my colleagues :-):
  • Coffee chocolate discs
  • Basil savoury biscuits
  • Earl Grey tea
  • Apple and chilli jelly - apparently perfect with fish and chicken
  • £15 iTunes voucher





No comments:

Post a Comment