Monday 25 March 2013

A little bit of Belfast at the Savoy

After the showcase event at The Brewery, Belfast organized another fantastic evening bringing together Belfast venue representatives and event planners. This time at the D'Oyly Carte room, which is part of Gordon Ramsey's Savoy Grill. The room which is perfect for private dining for up to 40 people is on the first floor and overlooks the grand entrance of the Savoy hotel.

After a drinks reception, we sat down for a tasting dinner. The hosts from Belfast moved around the table after each course, so we got to speak to most of them. There were a few glitches with the service, which I found rather surprising given the venue this is: the vegetarians had to wait for their main course quite a long time, and us meat eaters had nearly finished our mains when they got served their lentil stew. I'm sure you've seen a lentil stew before - it doesn't look that appetizing... It was also served in a little pot which the guests then poured into their bowls. Nobody quite knew what the point was of serving it in bowls... The Oysters were served on a bed of salt. It should have come with the warning that the salt wasn't to be eaten... (I fortunately wasn't one of the few who tried it...). And the glass of water I asked for never arrived. Given that I didn't drink wine, I would have also thought they should have at least offered a soft drink.

I feel a bit ungrateful to complain... Overall, the evening was of course very nice and so was the food. I tried my first oysters, too! They were baked with cheese and bacon though, so really only tasted of cheddar. So, I am still not sure I would want to try raw oysters.

Last but not least, the bits I saw of the Savoy were amazing! If the bathrooms are this nice, the bedrooms must be incredible! I really get excited by the beautiful decorations and the atmosphere that is created. 

slightly blurry hotel front

so pretty!
stairs leading back to the lobby
definitely one of the prettiest bathrooms, I've ever seen
cute vanity tables (still in the bathroom)
and more bathroom decor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment