Saturday 24 August 2013

Just did it!

I unsteadily meander between procrastination, careful planning and impulsive decision-making. And about three weeks ago, I took a decision that was probably a mix of all three.

For the last few years, I have been considering the idea of getting a tattoo. And I kept going from total excitement to being terrified to dismissing it as a completely stupid idea and waste of money. It then ended up on my 2012 list of things to do - but various things happened last year, that meant it falling of my agenda again.

In early August, I finally went to Haunted Tattoos (recommended by one of my colleagues) on Holloway Road in Islington. You don't have to make appointments and can just walk in to discuss your ideas. So, I did just that. Made an appointment for today, paid a deposit and left super excited!

And what can I say: I did it! And it was an amazing experience and I am still really excited! The pain was totally bearable. It took about an hour and there were literally just a couple of minutes when it was VERY painful - but still not so painful that he had to stop.

The tattoo design is by Emanuel De Sousa, who is not only a tattoo artist but also a painter - and painted dozens of birds for me to pick from.

And here it is:

underneath my collarbone - in case you are wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment