Monday 19 August 2013

Sea dragons, doppelganger, custard tarts and so much more

Three incredible days in lovely Lisbon! And it was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a packed programme and there is still so much that we didn't manage to see. So, I'll definitely be back.

But more importantly, in addition to all the tourist attractions, the sea and the beach, venues and incredibly delicious food, I met some lovely, lovely people! (and yes, that certainly includes you, Ms SL ;-) and it of course also include the lovely Ms AD, who I had already met previously)

Unfortunately, our flight back was delayed by an hour, which meant that we missed the last connecting tube. Which meant frantically trying to work out which Piccadilly line stop to get a taxi from... And despite nearly six hours of sleep last night, the weekend sleep deprivation really showed today. I haven't been this tired for a while and felt like I was sleep-walking through my day. Didn't help either that the Northern Line was suspended just when I had to get to a meeting. Which meant that I arrived 30 minutes late, lunch wasn't being served anymore and I actually still haven't eaten anything until now. I really need to stock up my fridge!

strong winds and no time for a swim - but at least I got to dip my toes into the sea
which is mandatory really!
I <heart> Lisboa - and the sound of the Portuguese language

No comments:

Post a Comment