Sunday 3 November 2013

Amy and Nick

Just finished Gone Girl. Another book I really enjoyed. I don't usually read thrillers/crime novels, and for me it wasn't the suspense and twists in the story that I liked best, it was the portrayal of Amy and Nick's relationship. While a lot of it is twisted to the extreme, I'm sure a lot of people can relate to the issues to a certain extent. There were bits about the storyline I didn't like but for me it was more about what was going on in their minds, then the actual actions. I was particularly intrigued by the question of what roles we play and to what extent we manipulate the people around us and how the people we surround us with influence who we are/become.

And of course an easy to read book - essential for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment