Thursday 21 November 2013

Belfast - The Ulster Museum

The Ulster Museum is also situated in the Queen's Quarter. Entry is free and it really is a great museum, where you could easily spend hours exploring! It has a large section on the history of Northern Ireland, including The Troubles in addition to an eclectic mix of archaeology, animals and plant life and changing exhibitions.

It currently hosts the Royal Ulster Academy's 132nd annual exhibition with some absolutely stunning pieces of art. Going to an art exhibition always makes me want to get creative myself. The colours, the imagination, the story that the pictures tell - it's just fantastic! It's a pity that I have no creative talent whatsoever...

I would definitely recommend checking it out when in Belfast (not least as I also got the lovely earrings in the museum's shop)!

The Ulster Museum and the crossover of modern and classic on the outside

The spacious entrance area
this made me chuckle... German speakers will understand


No comments:

Post a Comment