Sunday 15 December 2013

Bricks and airballoons

The second hypnotherapy session was about finding past situations that night have contributed to the issues at hand. I found that pretty tricky - not least as I felt, I had influenced the situations that came up were heavily influenced by what I had told her about just before the hypnosis started. I suppose I had imagined this to feel like an 'Eureka' moment - and it just didn't. She reassured me though and said that for a lot of people it is not a light bulb moment.

The third session focused on the future. I liked the image of filling the basket of a hot air balloon with all the negative things I want to get rid off. And watching it drift away.

I'm not sure yet if and/or how the sessions have made a difference. I do feel calmer with regard to work. But whether or not that is related and also whether that will last, I don't know. I nevertheless had some very angry work related moments last week. Which also reminds me: one of the things she used as a positive message was that (generally) all people try their best. And that's something I really don't agree with. In my experience, people very often do not try their best. And I include myself in 'people'.

I also received two of her recordings (that I haven't yet listened to). I have also rediscovered my Deep Sleep hypnosis CD, and I usually fall asleep within the first 10-15 minutes of listening. It's really quite fascinating: at the start, I often feel quite awake, my thoughts are all over the place and I struggle to focus on the recording. But then I never get to the end of the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment