Friday 31 January 2014

confused

A couple of weeks ago, I met somebody (and to my embarrassment, I can't actually remember who, when or where...) who said about herself that she was a problem-solver. She enjoys solving problems. And my immediate thought was: WHY would you like that? I like it when there are no problems. Sometimes, when I get emails from certain people, just seeing them sitting in my inbox stresses me out. Chances are they will mean trouble. And 'trouble' in my job generally just means work that I am not keen on. So, even though my experience has taught me that I can handle most situations, I don't like complications. And this applies to life in general. I prefer things to be simple and straightforward.

I like it even less of course, when I don't know what to do. Sometimes it helps to step back from the situation and often, when you don't consciously think about it, you have an 'Eureka' moment. I unfortunately lack the patience to calmly accept that I might not have the solution immediately.

This leads me back to the post title: I am feeling confused about a particular situation. And haven't been able to work out what to do. Or even what not to do. Tricky.
For now I am trying to practice patience, in the hope that the solution will come to me. Ideally in my sleep. Cause that would be quite cool, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment