Sunday 20 April 2014

Ginham style

Being my lazy self, I went to John Lewis on Oxford Street to buy some fabric for my next projects. Yes, much more expensive, but I couldn't be asked to travel all the way to Walthamstow or Shepherds Bush... And I have to say, John Lewis has a cool selection! I spent quite a long time just looking around. And in the end, I settled for this black and white Ginham style for the top and the floral print for a pencil skirt.  I don't actually have a pattern for the skirt but have found some free instructions on the internet and will try to copy one of the skirts I bought.

I spent most of the day cutting the fabric (I had already cut the pattern a while ago), putting in the tailor tacks and sewing the darts in the front piece. I was a little disheartened that all of this work was only step 1 in the instructions.... (and I haven't even done the darts in the back yet!) I also have no idea how to assess whether my darts are in correct....

And that is just one of two pages....
cotton and the floral has a tiny bit of stretch

1 comment: