Saturday 7 June 2014

Dear Mark

If you are Scottish, live in Putney, work in Westminster as a civil servant and play football somewhere near Canary Wharf - then this message is for you:
If you don't really know an area and are not good at reading maps, please don't try to give directions. You happened to sent me the wrong way...

I did however greatly appreciate your willingness to help! In fact, it was a great reminder of one of many reasons why I love living in London and how the Brits (if I can generalize) are such a nice and helpful bunch of people.

Many thanks also to the friendly cyclist who did know the area and who helped me get to my friend's place.

Note to myself: I need to keep a chocolate bar in my handbag. I was absolutely starving and that must have affected my brain. How else could it be explained that I got lost?! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment