Sunday 1 June 2014

Fabric heaven

I did my homework. And a number of blogs (idoublera and sewpetitegal for example) pointed to Sham Shui Po as a great place to buy fabrics in Hong Kong. And they were right! Market stalls and shops and lots of lace and haberdashery and all at incredibly low prices.

As described in the blogs, a lot of places have samples available and you order the fabric in. As we left it to the end of our trip, ordering was not an option. Probably better that way, as I would have been overwhelmed by the choice and/or would have needed a second suitcase just for the fabrics!

Here's what I got - now I just need to start sewing! Oh, and the below was priced between 15-30HK$ a yard (=~£1.15-£2.30).


the top two pieces (both stretch) were 5HK$ a yard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment