Friday 15 August 2014

Art and food

I went to the House of Illustration last Sunday. It only opened last month and is currently hosting a special Quentin Blake exhibition. While I recognize his illustrations, I didn't grow up with them nor the/his books. The exhibition is super small and I was a little disappointed. There are so many signs and adverts - and then there are only a few small rooms... I guess, we are spoilt here in London with all the free museums. But it was very nice anyway. I could see the illustrations working really well as tattoos, too!

The exhibition finished with Michael Rosen's Sad Book. A sad ending to an otherwise happy exhibition.

We then went round the corner for brunch at the Grain Store - a new restaurant by Bruno Loubet and the Zetter Group. The restaurant is on Granary Square - the newly developed bit behind King's Cross station. It's a really cool and quirky place - cool decorations, unusual menu and great service.
On the left: my potato pancake with creamed leeks and duck egg - yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment