Wednesday 24 September 2014

11 minutes

I don't run. When I do use the treadmill, I walk. Quite some years ago, I made a very feeble attempt of taking up running: after all it's free, you don't need anything but running shoes and off you go. It probably wasn't the greatest idea to start my 'training' in winter, when I was freezing my ears and other bits off. And after just a few weeks (maybe just days?), I gave up again. I tried the usual thing of walking and running. But could never run for longer than five minutes. Honestly, I'm not exaggerating. I get out of breath, my sides start to hurt, my shins hurt plus I am incredibly bored.

Despite my best efforts - and as documented by my food photos - I simply cannot bring myself to diet or even to just cut out REALLY unhealthy food like chips, fried food or chocolates. I've therefore taken up the gym again (yes, the one that is literally three minutes from my flat, and that I pay for as part of my rent anyway - so no, I didn't sign up to some super expensive gym). AND I managed to run eleven minutes!!! And other than being bored, I didn't feel completely out of breath and dead by the end of it. Remember: you've got to celebrate the small victories.

Let's see how long my motivation will last this time.
I'm hoping until December!

2 comments:

  1. Why not join a 5k - I would run it with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I doubt I'll even be able to run the 11 minutes a second time. Let alone getting anywhere near a 5k run... I'll leave that one to Sheny and you!

    ReplyDelete