Saturday 17 January 2015

Cheers!

I would have loved to stay in Australia for longer. Having said that, I am also happy to be back in London which really feels like home.

And I celebrated my return with drinks, good food and great company! On Thursday, T was celebrating her birthday at Dirty Martini in Covent Garden. I blame my jetlag for wandering around for a while - despite google maps - before eventually finding the bar by asking the security guy of another bar (and also for missing my stop on the tube on the way home...).

The cocktail menu is very extensive and during happy hour all martinis are half price (=£4.50). I tried the Lychee, Winter Pear and Chocolate martinis - the latter being my favourite!

Then on Friday, we had a birthday dinner for T with S and A - it's become a rare occasion that all four of us are together. And we had a great dinner at Menier Chocolate Factory near London Bridge (which also has a theatre space).
Vegetarian sharing platter; crispy salmon, chocolate brownie and fig and walnut cake

No comments:

Post a Comment