Sunday 22 March 2015

Simplicity's Star Sewist

Simplicity is searching for star sewists. In order to take part, you need to complete (at least) one garment in one of the following categories:

  • Best dressmaking project
  • Best vintage make
  • Best newcomer

Best newcomer would be my obvious category, but sewers must have been sewing for less than a year - so I am just a bit above that. As it happens, I actually already made a dress with the pattern for the first category, so I decided to go for the Best vintage make. I really like the look of the top and I thought I'd challenge myself with a vintage pattern.

Deadline is 31 May which should be plenty of time, especially as I have some leave booked off in May. The prize - besides being part of a social media campaign - is a year's worth of sewing patterns and being invited as a guest blogger on the Simplicity UK site.


I'm thinking of doing version A without the tie and button at the back instead of the suggested zip. A great way to needlessly complicate things by having to do buttonholes and of adjusting the measurements. Why wouldn't you want a challenge?!

No comments:

Post a Comment