Tuesday 7 October 2014

The sewing continues

I've started my next project. Originally, I had planned to make a top out of the fabric (which I'd bought in Hong Kong back in May) but then noticed that I had enough for a dress.

Given my history with darts, I decided to simply not bother with the bust darts. The dress is not yet finished, but I do hope that it will work without them.

I also didn't gather the skirt properly which means that I need to significantly shorten the right side in order to have an even seam. Next up is the zip and I am a little terrified. If I get it wrong I don't think I can undo it again, as the fabric is really delicate. I'm glad I asked T for advice: I will hand sew the zip and hope for the best. Looking at the photo, I also need to do something about the waistline where the bodice is sewn to the skirt, I think...

When I stared swearing at my lovely sewing machine, I knew that I'd done enough for the weekend.

To be continued




And this is what it is meant to look like eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment